Thursday, June 15, 2006

Kickin' Dubya When He's Down: A Presidential Two-fer

On a "What the hell was he thinking?" note:

Under the title: "Nice Shades, Blindy", our president has apologized for the social gaffe he made when he teased a blind reporter at a press conference today. Thanks to Wonkette.com, you can find the video here. Man, some days it just doesn't pay to come back from your secret tour of Iraq.

Unless you're an optimist...

Dubya says:"That Glass is 37% Full! (Sorry Congress, we'll see if we can that blame that 23% approval on Clinton)

Wednesday on the NBC Nightly News, Brian Wiliams & Tim Russert discussed the most recent poll out on presidential & congressional approval ratings. It gave me hope. Registered Democrats have consistently opposed the invasion of Iraq (last poll put it at something like 71%) now a majority of americans as a whole are agreeing: 53% said it was the wrong decision & even more significant: only 23% of americans approve of the current Congress. The poll went further asking who should be in charge of Congress and 49% said Dems. Obviously, this warms the cockles of my heart- not because I am a Democrat, but because I am not a conservative and see what they have done to our country since 2000. Likewise, I think the fact that ALMOST a majority of Americans our willing to have a Dem controlled Congress is a good sign for what I see as one of the fundamental ideas our Founding Fathers came up with: separation of powers. Having a Repub legislative branch, judicial, & executive branch is a recipe for disaster. FDR (a Demo) tried this in the 30s. I loved that guy, but that was a huge faux pas. anywho, bottom line: Is America wising up? I hope so. Dwayne would say I'm not supposed to be taking such an active role in politics. That the role of the Church is not to participate in this way (or would he... let's see!) I can't help it though. This guy's taken a country with a massive surplus and worldwide goodwill &turned it into a huge deficit at the expense of the working poor & middle class- killed thousands of Americans & hundreds of thousands of Iraqis (and Afghanis). It's time for a change.


PS- I watched 2 minutes of Ann Coulter on Leno and am convinced she is the voice of frigging evil. I know the Bible says we don't fight against people, but against the powers or spiritual rulers of this world- but that woman may be the exception. EVIL. As in, Fru-its of the De-veel.

1 Comments:

Blogger DBrothers said...

Just to remind you that I do read your blog... I see my name in it.

Actually, my mind is not made up as to what it means to be political as a Christian. I do believe that we can't put all our Christian eggs in the basket that the kingdom will come through the political process - the church needs to be the church - but there is plenty of room for prophetic witness...calling the government to live up to its limited role of being for the common good.

11:29 PM, June 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home