Saturday, March 03, 2007

Welcome to politics...

This morning I got an email from John Edwards campaign. I dig Edwards, don't think he has a chance, but I like him. What I didn't like was the content of the email. Below is a recording of what Ann Coulter said at a dinner for the conservative political action committee. I can't get my mind around it. How can this woman be a best-selling author? How can politicians court her approval? How am i supposed to react to this? I mean this chick is the one person who can raise the bile and disgust in my mouth more than any other, and yet, I am called to love her and see her as someone made in the image of God. How do you do that? I don't know how. It's that same mystery surrounding the Amish who forgave the sicko who killed their children. I don't know how one develops, nurtures, grows a heart of love. I want to, but I don't want to. It's easier for me to demonize Ann Coulter than see her as human, let alone a child of God. Far easier to see her as evil. Yet, I am called to this. How do you stand up for the right & truth and still love your enemies? Can you have enemies for that matter? Jesus didn't. I don't know. I'm angry, frustrated & confused. Angry at Coulter. Frustrated with God for giving us this burden. And confused that there is no easy answer.
pax,
jefe

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to watch her when I want my blood to boil with overly zealous and righteous anger. Tripping on hatephoria is a certainly a rush. But you're right, not a very Jesusy thing. Let's just ignore her, shall we?

11:21 PM, May 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home